Friday, June 26, 2009

A Tough Stretch

One of the best things about doing something every day is getting into a rhythm. Calling a game is like batting practice for me, which is why the last week or so has been tough. I'm at my best when I've had plenty of reps on the mike, day in and day out. It's already hard enough at the beginning of the season, and now the postponed games are piling up.

There was another cancellation tonight, meaning that four of the last six game days have been washed out. I'm hoping there aren't any more games postponed in the near future, and in the meantime, I'll do what I can to stay fresh in the game calling department.

If you have any suggestions on what to do to stay focused and professional, let me know. I love taking advice almost as much as I like giving it. My job may be to talk, but it doesn't mean I can't listen too.

No comments:

ESPN MLB Rumors