Friday, June 5, 2009

Baseball Overload? Never...

I never thought I'd be reading two baseball blogs, doing research on other baseball websites, using baseball message boards, and watching a baseball game, all without paying any attention to the Red Sox game that's on right now.

I'm not complaining though. This Rice-LSU Super Regional game has been pretty fun to watch. It helps that a bunch of the players in the game are Cape Leaguers (from years passed or the upcoming season): Rick Hague, Anthony Rendon, Anthony Ranaudo, Diego Seastrunk, Sean Ochinko, Leon Landry, D. J. LeMahieu, Tyler Hanover, Blake Dean and Micah Gibbs have played, will play, or at least are listed on Cape League rosters.

I won't say what's been going on in the game because I don't want to violate the NCAA or ESPN live blogging policies, but let's just say there have been some great at-bats, pitchers getting out of big jams, and some snazzy work in the field too. In other words, you can't ask for much more (other than maybe both teams somehow making it to Omaha).

*****

I've found both Codball and Right Field Fog to be very useful resources for the preseason Cape League homework I've been doing. Between collecting the player bios myself and getting information from a few other sites, I have a much better knowledge of NCAA Baseball than I did going into either of the last two seasons.

I'm fortunate enough to have a new laptop with a few tricks up my sleeve in improving the Whitecaps website and my own ability to entertain people in a multitude of ways. I can't wait to start broadcasting on Friday.

1 comment:

kristen g said...

you also should have been enjoying the game because you now have a special connection to rice, brother! GO OWLS! ( too bad they lost. maybe next year, when i'm there...)

ESPN MLB Rumors