Friday, July 24, 2009

A Trip to Fenway

The Cape League All Star Game was Thursday night, and for the first time in two decades, the game wasn't on the Cape. It was at Fenway Park, since the Boston Red Sox had an off day. It was the perfect opportunity for the players to live a dream, and the media to get a serious upgrade from the wooden press boxes they inhabit all summer.

Thanks to my pretty good digital camera, I was able to get some still shots and video of the goings-on before the game. I got to go on the field for the Home Run Hitting Contest (which former Whitecaps Connor Powers won) and snapped quite a few photos of the Whitecaps players signing autographs and walking around the field too.

I was glad to use a medium I don't use all that often (still photography) to show what the All Star Game was like. It reminded me that reporters should be able to do everything when it comes to publishing platforms.

No comments:

ESPN MLB Rumors