Friday, July 24, 2009

Good Thing I'm Not Mathophobic...

The Whitecaps' doubleheader today was postponed, meaning it gave me a lot more time to prepare for tomorrow's game. I wanted to improve my stats organization, so I reordered what I had into a more logical layout.

Simple is good, especially in terms of layout. I'm a visual learner (which explains this). I figured the easier I can access more facts and stats, the more relevant material I can bring into the broadcast. After about five minutes, I hated what I was doing. Whether or not I enjoyed it though, I wanted to ultimately make things easier during the broadcast, since that's the time when there's the most going on (duh).

I can't believe that broadcasting taught me what way I absorb information best, mostly because I couldn't learn that in a classroom. I guess broadcasting is better for my overall development than I thought. Now if only it could teach me how to combine Word and Excel into one program to really get my system going...


I don't know what the ellipsis was for. I probably won't figure that out. But if someone does, I'll be the first one to buy the mega-program.

No comments:

ESPN MLB Rumors