Monday, August 17, 2009

Stick a Fork in [Me]. [I'm] Done...

This post is not a realization that there are plenty of unseen problems searching for a job.

It's not another recent college grad steaming about entering the workforce at a terrible time.

Most importantly, this post is NOT me giving up on being a sports broadcaster and multimedia analyst like the title may lead you to believe. I'm doing what the late Professor Jack Falla told my class in one of the few mornings we shared together: this post marks the end of my use of cliches, specifically in my sports talk/writing, and preferably all aspects of my life.

Sports Illustrated published a column filled with cliches to show their uselessness, which Professor Falla showed during his sports journalism course. I can't find a link to the article because I don't know the title or the author. The most important thing to note is the constant use of cliches.

Here's my vow to erase cliches from my memory. I hope the next paragraph uses up my quota.
***

People go on and on about how the internet is changing the way people sell their products and themselves. In combination with the recession, it's cutting a lot of the fat, and now sellers are shooting from the hip. Honesty is the best policy, and I'll try to think outside the box to give myself a better shot at landing a job. I won't end this post or my sports journalism career on a bad note.

2 comments:

JohnnyC said...

Professor Falla would be proud. Have you cracked open any of his books?

Anonymous said...

Rather nice site you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Sincerely yours
Alice Tudes

ESPN MLB Rumors